Want to try something new? Check here regularly to see my latest recipe with tips for cooking and storing.
The Latest Recipe...
Fresh Black Bean and Corn Salsa!
This is soooo delicious–I mean, what’s not to love about a this? And don’t let it fool you! It’s not just for dipping with chips. I put this stuff on EVERYTHING! I top grilled chicken breasts with it, adding a sprinkle of jack cheese, or sprinkled with a little more lime juice and served with coconut rice. Be creative. You’ll be happy with the results!!
*tip I double this recipe every time I make it because it is SO popular with everyone!
– 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1 1/2 c. grilled summer corn or white shoepeg corn
– 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
– 1/2 red onion, chopped
– 1 green pepper. chopped
– 1 red pepper, chopped
– 2 jalapenos chopped — careful here! that’s some heat! Be super careful handling them and do NOT include the seeds if you dont want much heat!
– 1/3 c. fresh lime juice
– 1/3 c. olive oil
– 1/2. fresh cilantro chopped
– 1 t. salt
– 1/2-1 t. cumin (depends on your tasteebuds)
– pinch cayenne
– garlic — I roast my garlic, leaving it mellow in flavor, so I add 5-6 cloves. If it’s raw, stick to 1-2 cloves
1. Throw each ingredient into the bowl.
2. Wait until the end to mix all the gorgeous fresh colors and flavors together.
- Fresh Black Bean and Corn Salsa!
14 Dec 2017